Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Atomic Era Cat Painting Inspired by Straight Talking Mama's Broken Cat Vase

Recently, the lovely Fiona from Straight Talking Mama blog, did a post detailing the heartbreak she felt when her 60 year old cat vase (as pictured above) broke when a huge wind caused it to crash to the floor.

http://straighttalkingmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/dont-you-just-hate-it-when.html

When I read her story, I felt her loss. What a shame to lose such a precious mid-century piece!  I hope Fiona can find another cat vase just like the one she had.

Because I am a "crazy cat lady"  and an avid vintage enthusiast, I decided to tap into my creativity and do a painting inspired by Fiona's broken kitty vase. I used acrylic colors of espresso, white, and pink.
I also added two starbursts and applied a thin layer of pink glitter over the pink swirls:
 And, here is the painting hanging above my white bookshelf in my upstairs foyer hall:
 I like the way the painting turned out but I hope Fiona does not mind I basically did a copy of her cat! I guess since the cat is broken and not able to be fixed, I hope my finished piece can properly honor its memory!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar