Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogmas: Stocking Fillers

Sometimes it is much easier to buy a collection of smaller items as a Christmas present opposed to one big item. There seems to be less risk when there are different elements to a gift, I know it is certainly the type of gift I usually opt for, for this very reason. However even with buying smaller items, it can be difficult to find items and even more difficult to stick to a budget. 

I know a lot of people who give stockings rather than main gifts and I sympathize as it is not easy to curate, especially if you have a relatively low budget so today I thought I would share with you some budget friendly ideas that could be put together to make the ultimate beauty stocking or you can see it as a list to pick from just to get a couple of ideas. 

Sheet Masks

There are few people in my life who are quite as obsessed with skincare as I am but I do not know a single person who does not love a good face mask; whether it is a clay mask, a peel off mask or a sheet mask, most people will have some form of mask stashed away. A face mask is a great addition to any present but I think they are just the right price that you can add a couple into a stocking. 

There are so many different sheet masks on the market and you can spend ridiculous amounts on some of them but the ones that I would recommend come from Garnier.  The ones that I love are the Fresh Mix Tissue Masks, I literally gift them to everyone, and the Eye Tissue Masks. 

The Fresh Mix masks are great for an instant boost of hydration, they are fun as you have to mix the serum with the mask yourself and most importantly they work! Personally I love the Hyaluronic Acid one but the Vitamin C one is also pretty good. If you are lucky you can often find these for 1/3 off so you can get them for around £2.99 which makes them great as a little booster to any gift, the same goes for the eye masks. 

Looking after your eye area is so important as it is one of the first places that shows age. The skin around your eyes is so delicate so it is important to take care of it, I do this by using an eye cream daily and often using eye masks and the Garnier ones are my go to. Garnier now have a variety of eye masks but I love the Orange and Hyaluronic Acid version as well as the night one which goes across your eyes, forcing you to rest. If you are looking to boost the stocking even more, you can buy a set with all 4 versions of the eye masks and this is £13.95 on ASOS. A little more spendy but a great little set.

Jade Face Roller

People don't often think of the little extras you can use with skincare or they just don't know that they exist but it is a good idea for a gift as it is that extra little something that can aid skincare. I am a massive advocate for the use of skincare and anything that is going to help my skincare work is a win for me. Face Rollers and Gua Sha have only just come to the high street but there are some great options on the market for the skincare lover in your life and they don't have to be expensive. 

A lot of skincare brands now create face rollers and I thought I would share a couple with you starting with the cheapest one which comes from Primark. It is part of the Alex Steinherr range and I mean of course she would add such a wonderful product to her already amazing product range. Some face rollers are ridiculously expensive but at £7 this is definitely a good one for a stocking. 

Revolution Skincare have not only created multiple different face rollers (I prefer a rose quartz but that is just me) but they have also launched a Gua Sha which are surprisingly hard to find at a cheaper price range. I bought one of my friends the Gua Sha for her Birthday, she opened it there and then and it is surprisingly good quality for the price point. I was pleasantly surprised so I would recommend taking a look at the range from Revolution Skincare. The rollers are a little bit more expensive but they are wildly available which makes it slightly easier than Primark and my final suggestion. 

My final suggestion is T K Maxx, I actually picked up a Rose Quartz roller for £9.99 and it is quite heavy and feels sturdy, definitely more sturdy than the Primark one. Whenever I go into T K Maxx they always have a good selection of face rollers so that is definitely somewhere to consider. 

Not only is this something extra so people wouldn't typically consider buying one for themselves but they go hand in hand with a good face mask so you already have a little theme going with these first two products. 

Spectrum Individual Mini Brushes 

Christmas is a great time for a brush update, you can quite often find brushes as the Star Gift in Boots but if you don't want to commit to a full set, mini brushes are a great option and stocking friendly. Every year Real Techniques typically launch single mini brushes as part of their Christmas collection and I usually buy a couple of these brushes for travelling; however this year travelling does not matter, also Real Techniques have not launched these mini brushes, instead Spectrum Brushes have come through. 

The battle between Real Techniques and Spectrum brushes has always been one that I have questioned. I started off with Real Techniques brushes and I was not looking to change however after I bought one Spectrum brush, I was sold. I am now completely sold on Spectrum Brushes and pick them over Real Techniques and these mini brushes are great to introduce the people you know to these incredible brushes. 

There are two different brushes you can buy in this mini size: A03 and A04, A03 is a flat foundation brush but A04 is the true standout as it is a small tapered brush that can be used for basically anything as it is super fluffy and great for powders. Both of these brushes are £5 and would make a great addition to any stocking. At one point The High Flyers Collection was the star gift so it was £25 and contained 10 mini brushes in a cute travel bag but it would probably be too big for a stocking, none the less definitely a gift set to keep your eye on in case it goes down in price. 


Bath Bombs 

There is only one time you can go wrong with a bath bomb and that is if the person doesn't have a bath but other than that a bath bomb provides the time to relax. You can buy bath bombs from anywhere but whenever I think about bath bombs, I always think of Lush. Not only do Lush create amazing bath bombs all year around but the Christmas bath bombs are extra special. 

To be honest the only time I really buy from Lush anymore is at Christmas and typically I stock up with the aim of not having to buy anymore. I just think the bath bomb scents in the Winter collection are exactly what you want for this time of year. You have a bath to feel warmed and comforted and the Winter scents give you that feeling. 

My ultimate favourite scent from the Christmas range will always be Snowcake, the almond/marzipan scent is sweet but warming; usually it comes in a soap but sometimes they create bath bombs with the same scent and I always stock up on these when I can. As well as Marzipan scents, I also love spicy scents like Cinders. If you have been a Lush fan for a long time, you will have heard of Cinders but it is a slightly citrus, super spicy, Patchouli based scent. Sometimes Cinders comes back but there are usually scents that are pretty similar. Your best bet is to go into a store (post-lockdown) and give them a smell but failing that, order a couple online and hope for the best. No Lush product smells disgusting, it just might not be something you pick but you cannot go wrong with a bath bomb in a stocking. 

Glossier - Balm Dotcom 

A lip balm isn't exactly a revolutionary idea for a stocking, none of these ideas are really but show the person you are buying for that you know what you are doing when it comes to the beauty game and treat them to a Balm Dotcom from Glossier. Any beauty lover will have heard of Glossier and if they haven't, they should know about it. Glossier is the millenial brand of dreams with its cutesy packaging and basic, no makeup but makeup look. 

Balm Dotcom is an icon from the Glossier line up and you can now get a variety of shades and flavours. If you know the person well you might know their likes so you could potentially go for something a bit more adventurous like their Birthday Cake flavour but if not, they also do a regular balm which can be used on the lips or on any dry patches. We love a versatile product. I have two of the Balm Dotcoms and they are so easy to throw in your bag and hydrating. 

The beauty of this product is not that it is wildly different, I mean you can pick up a lip balm on your weekly shop, but it is something different. This lip balm is more luxury than something you can pick up at Asda so it is something that someone wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves. A Balm Dotcom will set you back £10 (plus shipping) so it is a little bit more expensive than some of the other items I have mentioned but it is a treat that everyone deserves. Even though this brand might typically cater to a younger audience, who doesn't need a good lip balm especially during Winter. 

Christmas Socks or Pants

You might not be sold on the Christmas themed items but I feel like at Christmas it is a must and the tackier the better. Whenever I go through my stocking on Christmas day, I always love these items. I actually ended up buying myself a pair of socks this year as I couldn't risk not having these socks in my life. Socks are always going to be easier to pick than undies so if you are creating a stocking for someone you aren't too close with this could be a good option. 

My personal favourite this year is this pair from ASOS, they are only £3.50 and they aren't overly Christmasy but they are really cute. I feel like having the candy canes poking out of the top of your shoes is going to look so festive. If you aren't sure about these, then check out Marks and Spencer as they always have some lovely fluffy Christmas socks and even Christmas knickers. This is a stocking staple for a reason. 

Hand Sanitizer 

Not to put a downer on Christmas but lets face it, Covid is going to continue to be in our lives next year and to be honest I think the pandemic has opened most people's eyes to the easy transmission of any form of germs so hand sanitizer is probably going to be in our lives for a long time. Like most people I opt to buy Carex or an equivalent from my local Boots or supermarket but why not give a little bit of luxury this festive season. 

The White Company have created some the most gorgeous hand sanitizers which not only smell divine but also don't dry out your hands as much as regular hand sanitizers. I know my hands have been struggling with the constant hand washing and adding the Winter cold on top of that means that my hands have had a lot to compete with. 

The White Company have launched 3 different scents, my personal favourite is Wild Mint, Peppermint & White Tea but Seychelles is equally as stunning with Lime & Bay being a more invigorating option. The scent lasts all day on your hands, even after you have washed your hands thoroughly and I love this. At £6 these are expensive but a wonderful treat. 

Not only would you be giving them something that they probably wouldn't buy themselves as it is a little bit of a luxury but you would also be giving them a practical gift that they will certainly use. Pop a hand cream into the stocking and you have a match made in heaven. L'Occitane create some beautiful mini hand creams which pair with any of the amazing scents from The White Company. 

I feel like Christmas presents should always be something that the person is not going to buy themselves as it makes it more of a treat. Even though I'm sure some people would buy themselves hand sanitizer and sheet masks, it is all about finding things that people wouldn't automatically look for or spend that sort of money on. By picking just a couple of these ideas, you would have a seriously cute stocking for any beauty lover.

You might also like:

Blogmas 2020
Black Friday 2020
Glomas
The Body Shop

Fenty Xmas



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar