Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pur Minerals Lip Gloss Stick (& comparing them with Clinique Chubby Sticks)

I have been oohing and aahing to get my grubby little hands on some of the Clinique Chubby Stick dupes in the market as I'd love to do a little comparison with them. I had in mind brands like Soap & Glory, MUA and Revlon Just Bitten sticks that I wanted to try out and then came along these beauts by Pur Minerals. They are available exclusively at M&S and retail for £16 which is pretty much along the lines of Clinique.

I have three shades in my possession namely Honey Pie, Beach Bum and Berry Pretty. They are all very wearable to school or work which is what I like about them. The shades are all muted, subtle versions of the colour families they belong to which also ticks a big 'yes' in my check list.



How I find them different to the Clinique Chubby Sticks is regarding their formula. These Gloss Sticks by Pur Minerals are literally more glossy as their name suggests. Now they might be just as pigmented as the Clinique ones but due to the added shine, you tend to concentrate more on the shine factor and are led to believe that they are less pigmented.

With Clinique, the formula really absorbs into the skin where as I found these sit on the lips while you can feel them and don't absorb in very well which very slightly affects their longevity. If you're trying to fake a my-lips-but-better look, the Clinique ones will be your best bet as they are more subtle regarding finish.

These babies on the other hand as unashamedly glossy and buildable. I have to admit though, if you suffer from dry, chapped lips no matter what, you'll love these Gloss Sticks better as they are intensely hydrating and never dry out the lips. Ever.





Swatches L-R: Honey Pie, Berry Pretty & Beach Bum

I found the colour range quite sophisticated and feminine. Now of course I like my fun purples and oranges but these neutrals are foolproof to thrown on in your handbag or quickly whack on in nanoseconds when you're in a hurry to leave. If you hate hair sticking to your lip gloss in the wind but still want that sumptuous shine and colour, these are a much modern alternative to gloss.

Go check them out at M&S. They have some other lovely beauty bits too!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar