Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Friday Forgotten Song: Bobby Fuller Four's Let Her Dance

I thought I'd end the work (and Oscar) week with a forgotten song for this first friday in March. Resurrected recently in Wes Anderson's wonderful adaptation of the children's novel written by Roald Dahl, Fantastic Mr. Fox, this was the upbeat, up-tempo song used for the final sequence in the film. Written by Bobby Fuller, it was his first top 40 hit in 1965. When people recall the artist, this track seems to take a backseat to Fuller's second hit and higher placed song, I Fought The Law. Still, it remains an infectious tune made by an artist heavily influenced by the music legend (and fellow Texan - my mother would be so proud to hear me say that), Buddy Holly.

The rest of this post has been updated and moved over to my current blog, found here.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar