So ... let the winter 'bugs' officially begin their romp through my immune system - (even though we are technically a few weeks away from the first day of winter.)
😷😷😷😷😷
Last year I had a grand total of 5 colds of various descriptions. It was a record number for me for one season. And just to top things off with a grand flourish, in April I got the flu despite getting the senior flu vax. Spring was in full swing, sun was shining, flowers blooming, temperatures exquisite - and I was down with the flu. Not a touch of the flu either (is there such an 'animal'?) but the full-blown 2 to 3 week variety that actually landed me in the ER at one point so we could get my swollen throat under control and avoid airway obstruction kind-of-flu!!!
Yeah ... believe me, I was glad to see the end of that cold and flu season.
Fast forward to this merry month of December!
Symptoms began on Sunday and I chalked it up to allergies. By Monday I was sure it wasn't allergies but the beginnings of a head cold. Oh Joy! It isn't even winter yet. No fair starting early. I kept going with my to-do list - except I cancelled my night out with friends. Friends don't make other friends sick - especially when the friends you are seeing are all around your own senior age!
Today, Tuesday, I got up at my normal time and decided... hey, this head cold isn't advancing - it is just stuck in my sinuses. It is pretty much the same as yesterday. Great news! Really!! I had breakfast and then decided to lay down for just a bit before getting dress. I awoke at 12:30. Yikes! I got up, got dressed, had lunch and answered some email, and before you know it, it felt like nap time again! Literally I was standing for about 15 minutes and sitting the rest of the time. Another nap was ridiculous. I cancelled today's activities.
I did think b*tching about this cold was not ridiculous. So here I am. I cancelled tomorrow's activities. Being pro-active.
This minor cold counts officially as Cold #1 of the season.
One down, four to go.
I think I will skip the flu this season.
I wish I had thought of doing that last year!!
I wish I had thought of doing that last year!!
My 2019-2020 goal: Skip the Flu.

0 Yorumlar