Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My little corner of the world

The Goat circa 1971
Sometimes when I'm ranting and bellyaching about something over which I have absolutely no control (I've had a lot of opportunity lately), the Goat will say (usually from behind the newspaper):

"All I can do is take care of my little corner of the world."

Genius, that.

If we all just took care of our little corner of the world, methinks the whole juggernaut would chug along a lot more smoothly. Hence in the interest of the Goat's subtle directive and because today seems like a good day to think about such things: I offer these suggestions:

-If you only take what you need, you'll always have enough.

-Failing to respect the convictions of others only diminishes the strength of your own.

-People have the right to free speech even when you don't like what they're saying.

-If you don't need it, don't buy it on credit.

-An American should support all his fellow Americans, including the ones with whom they disagree with most vehemently.

-If you really believe in your cross, flag or gun, you don't need to wave it around.

-The good guys win even when they lose.

Now I'm off to make pan zucchini (I should give you the recipe sometime), creamed potatoes and bread (the Goat's grilling the chicken).

To the esteemed readership, I bid a lovely Sunday afternoon.

* * *

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar