Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Soul Food #126 For The Birds~






We had some impromptu weather recently..meaning we expected snow..got rain..then freezing rain..then snow..

The weather was for the birds~



I had seen some very cute little birdseed wreaths a few yrs ago and made some..then recently many wedding favor/heart ones..

Heart ones~! Here and there and varying recipes..I tried 2 recipes.and 2
methods~




The first recipe..was ok..but tended to crumble a bit..



I had added strips of waxed paper to remove them from my oh so old 5 heart shaped mold..

I hung them on trees the morning after the rain/snow..
My daughter was leaving her home..and drove up and said "I saw a blue housecoat..what are you doing out in your housecoat?"? Feeding the birds! Oh..ok..:)



In no time..I had the most convivial dinner guests..the cutest finches..




They ate everything "Dans le temps de le dire~":)
Sometimes it takes hours to braise a nice meal..like the Osso Bucco we had that night..took us minutes to eat it..

:)

Like the finches..:)

My daughter and I had gone shopping this same week and she had bought the cutest cookie jar w/ chalkboard paint..to write what was in the cookie jar..I picked up some chalkboard paint and proceeded to paint.glasses..tags.. popsickle sticks..refresh my little kitchen chalkboard..

And add tags to my little buckets .. the inspiration for the tag for the bucket that I had came from :~ Here..




Thank you...MFCH~

In comparing both recipes..

For the birdseed feeders..
This is by far my favorite~
1 Pack of gelatin diluted in 1/2 Cup of hot water
3/4 cup flour
3 tbsps corn syrup
4 cups bird seed(I love the most varied,colorful one) and so do the birds!

I just mixed everything together and placed in my molds..BUT I put Saran Wrap instead of just waxed paper strips..works wonders.
So easy!

I let them freeze outside..then tied and hung~



Love doing these!Don't know how well they work in milder climates,but in my chilly cold neck of the woods..they freeze well and hang beautifully..until they disappear~:)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar