Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Update: February 8, 2015


Good morning from southwest Florida. We were out early this morning for our weekly trip to the farmers market - in February. What a treat! This certainly isn't central New York. We bought fresh seafood, meat, and poultry for the week, as well as vegetables, a baguette, and a ball of homemade mozzarella. We'll grill the fish and roast some veggies tonight, but I'll need to come up with a menu plan for the rest of the week.

Next up is a walk on the beach, lunch, and an arts festival. I could get used to this...

Now for the books.


After finishing The Warden by Anthony Trollope last Sunday, I decided to read some nonfiction and picked up Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch. That was just an okay book for me and now I'm having trouble settling into anything.


Some Luck by Jane Smiley is on my kindle and will disappear in two days. No such thing as an overdue ebook ;-)  It's the first book of a planned trilogy (more a negative than a positive for me) and after about ten pages, I'm not ready to commit to the story. I am willing to give it a little more time, but a trip to the library is on tap for tomorrow... something else may catch my eye. If not, there's always airplane mode.


On audio, I started An Unnecessary Woman by Rabih Alameddine. I really liked the beginning but have not had much listening time, so will reserve judgement for now.

My reading seems to be floundering this weekend.

On the blog//
Other than my Tuesday Intro post of An Unnecessary Woman,  the blog has been quiet. It's time to buckle down and write some reviews.

In the kitchen//
My father-in-law was under the weather this week, so I tried a new recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup from Cooking Classy. He didn't eat much of it, but the rest of us liked it a lot.

Anticipating//
My sister and brother-in-law arrive on Saturday. Next week is her winter break and they're more than ready to escape the snow and cold. As much as I love spending the winter in paradise, I miss having my family around. I know we'll all have a great time together.

I'm also looking forward to another installment of Downton Abbey tonight. There can't be many episodes left...the season is ending far too quickly.

What are you reading today?

This post will link to It's Monday, What are you Reading? hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar