Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Japan Rail Pass

皆さんこんばんわ!!

So, the other day me finally went to get meself a 21 day Japan Rail Pass (JR Pass in short) from a travel agency in ION Orchard, Singapore. If you don't happen to know what a JR Pass is, it is a pass that allows unlimited travel on all JR Group owned trains/buses/ferry in Japan. Here is a LINK to their official english site.

So anyway, to simplify things first you purchase the Exchange Order (available in the form of 7 day, 14 day and 21 day) from any one of their authorized sales offices or agents. You won't be receiving the JR Pass when u make payment, instead you will be given an exchange order (voucher thingy) which requires you to make an exchange for the real pass when you reach Japan. To make an exchange, it will require your passport and of course the exchange order. This can be done at any of their JR Pass exchange offices. It will be easy if you touchdown Narita Airport, but the same can't be said for Haneda Airport (like me >_>) because you know why? It's only open from 11am - 6.30pm, most international flight to Haneda touches down late night or early morning (me is 10.30pm). Like seriously, I don't even know why they have an office there in the first place -__- When you turn in your exchange order, you will be required to fill in some form stating which date you would like your pass to be activated and Voila~ Hmmm, and that's about it!
(I'm like doing some free promo for JR ain't I? >.<)

HERE is a useful site to give you an idea how much it cost to travel around in Japan and what train/bus/plane you can take to travel from one place to another.

Okay, back to main topic, me getting the JR Pass.



So I got my JR Pass from the JTB Travel Agent in ION Orchard, served by a very nice Japanese lady. Her face seemed lighted up when I told her I wanted to get the JR Pass lol (I'm the only customer there on a Saturday, well I went with my 2 friend). Basically, she asked when am I going to Japan (exchange for JR Pass has to be made within 3 months from date of issue) and if I wanted the 7 or 14 day Pass and had me fill in some form. Said bye bye to my moolah (rate for yen was high on that day T.T) and got my exchange order.

JR Pass exchange order (voucher)

Oh, and we asked for some maps and she gladly went in a room and came out with a stack of maps, brochures and asked if I'm going to Hokkaido before getting me a map for Hokkaido (They don't have Sendai and Osaka tho :<  ).



















On the way out, I managed to grab this (coupons! dunno what are they for tho >.> ) 















and some pins XD They have a bunch of them by the entrance (free!). Grab one for meself and another for someone *ahem*.















Things I find interesting and useful on one of the guide books:


How does this work?
So, I wanna order this on the menu but I don't know what's the ingredient. So what do I do? Basically I just have to point my question and the waiter/waitress could point me the answer. (finger pointing awesomeness)

Well, with my limited Nihongo (Japanese language), I would have to rely heavily on body language (they work best! most of the time...) and thickness of my face (shameless) to navigate around and order my food in Japan. Like, shamelessy waving my hands and fingers and legs around trying to order my takoyakis for example.  :<

Things not Japan related:

Jason Mraz - Living In The Moment
Take a listen to this song...















well, I wanted to share the studio version because it sounds cleaner, but I find this video funny XD what's with eating on stage before a song LOL cool guy :D

what this song is trying to deliver: Don't make life difficult for yourself, take it easy man!
well, it's easier said than done and things don't always go your way and that's when this song comes in XD
















YUI - Never Say Die (please google for the lyrics translation yourself, thanks XD)

ciao~

btw, today i learned a new kanji (from someone's tweet) : 夢 reads yume, it means "Dream" in nihongo :D

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar