Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Omelet

I must say right at the beginning that I have never eaten an omelet. I’m a little funny with eggs. I like scrambled eggs cooked the Mary Poppins way. And I like some versions of egg salad, and I bake with eggs all the time, but there’s just something about them that makes me feel squeamish. Two of my favorite characters in children’s fiction are not fond of eggs. Beverly Cleary’s Ramona doesn’t like soft-boiled eggs ‘because she did not like slippery, slithery food.’  But while Ramona will eat deviled eggs (as I will sometimes), Russell Hoban’s Frances doesn’t like eggs in any form, and makes up little songs about them.
I do not like the way you slide,  I do not like your soft inside, I do not like you lots of ways, and I could do for many days without eggs.
and
Poached eggs on toast, why do you shiver with such a funny little quiver.
Frances says that
Sunny-side up eggs lie on the plate and look up at you in a funny way. And sunny-side down eggs just lie on their stomachs and wait.  … Scrambled eggs fall off the fork and roll under the table. 

In movies and books often an omelet is a romantic late-night meal shared by a couple. It may also be a Sunday brunch item cooked with lots of vegetables and cheese. An omelet is Tom’s go-to food. Just for fun last night I did a search on how to make an omelet. One of the results was this youtube video. I left Tom a note suggesting he might want to make one using this fellow’s method. Tom cooks his omelets quickly at a high temp, using two eggs, and while he has always enjoyed them, he did indeed try this slower method with three eggs, and he thought it was perfectly delicious. He made his with cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato, yellow pepper, and a little parsley. 


He was so pleased that I thought I’d share the video with any of you who are omelet fans, 


and use it as an offering for Weekend Cooking.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar