Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dior Summer Collection 2012 + FOTD

I chose the Chanel Spring Collection this year, but I think when it comes to summer collections, Dior has won it.

Dior Summer Collection 2012

This collection was launched last Thursday, so I believe there should still be stock for some items, but the more popular palette, the eyeliner and orange gloss may have sold out.


This is a massive collection, with 2 eye palettes, 4 eye glosses, 4 lip glosses, 3 lip colors, 3 lip balms, 1 eyeliner, 1 foundation, and 2 nail polishes on display when I visited the Dior counter. A total of 20 items, I think that's it.

For more details and great reviews, please check out Temptalia.com. I think Christine's description of color is really accurate, her review grades are also very honest and accurate. (When it comes to large collections, I always go to Temptalia, and make a note of what is good, and what is not.)


Of course, I can't be picking up all 20 items. So I got the Aurora eye palette that was rated A by Temptalia, three eye glosses which are too good to pass, 2 lip glosses which are too special to pass, and the only eyeliner, which is too unique to pass.

Below are some close-ups of the items.

 Aurora palette.

Turquoise liner. 

 Orange Pareo (top) and Gold Sunrise.

Gold Sunrise is the awesome soft gold that I layered over Dior Addict Extreme in Black Tie.

I have read a number of blogs that say to get the orange gloss, but in my very, very personal opinion, I feel that you should get the gold one instead if you only want to choose one.

Seashell, Tan, and Sunset. 

The eye glosses are to-die-for! They apply amazingly smooth and thin, yet incredibly pigmented, and the sparkle that comes from it is unparalleled.

I tried wearing just the eye gloss out with no other makeup on face, and the effect is just stunning, because it instantly wakes me up and gives that innocent twinkling, sparkling eye.

I would have picked all 4 if not the last one is a chilly cool icy blue that would look like ashes on my skin.

Some swatches here.

Top row: Colors from the blue eye palette that are basically invisible or ashy white. Second row: All four lip glosses, gold, peachy coral, peach pink, orange, the thin line is the Turquoise eyeliner. Third row: Colours from Aurora palette. Last row: All four eye glosses, Seashell, the icy blue, Sunset, and Tan.

Look how pretty the lip glosses are!

This is the orange gloss, Pareo Orange on my bare lips.

I realize Dior Ultra Gloss is actually quite pigmented, and although you can see my dark lip color showing through, the orange is still very obvious.

This is eye gloss in Tan on the lid, and Seashell on the inner corners of my eye. I know, I really shouldn't put shimmer on fine lines.

I think this will last forever, because I only dab the doe-foot applicator once on my lids, and use my finger to pat it around lightly, and a little really goes a long way to fill the entire lid.

I highly suggest if you are new to things like MAC paint pots, Stila smudge pots,  and Bobbi Brown creme eyeshadows, etc, stop buying them for now, and invest in Dior Eye Gloss. 

The eye gloss is not only stunningly sparkly, it is also slightly sticky, and reminds me of Urban Decay Primer Potion except Dior's is much smoother. So I asked the SA what I should use eye glosses for, and she said Dior made it to be worn over eyeshadow, as in lipgloss to wear over lipstick, eye gloss to wear over eyeshadow. And she also said it can be used as an eyeshadow base.

Face of the Day!


I basically use the Aurora palette for eyes, and I love that matte brown in the palette, because it can be used as a brow filler! It is a light brown, and look how natural my brows are!

I am using the new Revlon Photoready Air Mousse Foundation today, instead of my normal BB cream. I must say, first time using, and I like the Photoready Air Mousse. Look out for my review. =D


I do think this look is very, very similar to when I wear Call Me Bubbles from the MAC Cook MAC Shop MAC Collection in Spring because of the orange. But looking back at my post, I think Call Me Bubbles is way more reddish orange, while this Aurora palette has that brown, and is more wearable and sheer.

I think the MAC one was harder to wear for many people because of the red tones. Nevertheless, if you've already got Call Me Bubbles, it is really up to you whether to get Aurora as well. If you didn't get Call Me Bubbles, I'd say try the Aurora palette.

For some reason, no matter how I pile on color, Dior just wouldn't give the MAC effect, so be assured that Aurora is sheer yet enough to see color, and wearable. Of course on the converse, if you're looking for some highly pigmented orange like Make Up For Ever, Sleek, MAC kind, then forget about Dior.

I put the Turquoise liner on my lower lash line, as the model did.

And on my cheek is Le Metier de Beaute blush in Echo, which is a sheer coral with gold specks. Awesome, I love it. Great investment.


On my lips is a peach color from Canmake (which I don't like), and I layered the Pareo Orange over.

You can refer to this video on The RAEviwer for how-to use Dior Summer collection. It is a very detailed one. =) Enjoy.

When you're happy, and you know it, SMILE!


Your truly,
Jyoan
PosiNice

Have you checked out the Dior Summer Collection? Did you get anything from it? If not, is there anything you would love to get?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar