Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Home made wax wraps

By request.

Cotton fabric
Beeswax
An iron
Greaseproof paper

I made them on my worktop so put a towel there to protect it from the wax and the heat of the iron

1) Cut two large pieces of  greaseproof paper. You will sandwich the cloth between both pieces.
2) Cut some squares of 100% cotton fabric into a variety of sizes
3) Place a piece of fabric onto a sheet of greaseproof.
4) Grate beeswax all over the fabric
5)Top this with a sheet of greaseproof
6) Iron the 'sandwich'. 

You can actually see the wax melting into the fabric. Try working from the outside into the middle as the wax will ooze off the fabric onto the greaseproof. You might need to add more wax if you didn't grate enough on. I found that the dye in some of my fabric bled into the wax but I don't see it as a problem as I will use those wraps to cover bowls and make sure they don't come into contact with the food.  Plain white cotton is probably the best choice. 

I bought my beeswax online as little bars. It's also available as little pellets. It's the kind of thing that you can buy at country fairs. The beeswax is also great for strengthening cotton thread. Just pull the thread across the bar and work the wax into it with your fingers. It's great for quilting or hemming jeans. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar