Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Too Many Books

 
Claudia of Mockingbird Hill Cottage just posted about bookstores, and is my inspiration for today's post. Don't miss her apropos comments here.
 
  I took these photos of Ken Sanders Rare Books shop while traveling last summer. The place didn't fit in with my blogging plan then, and the cold months seem more bookish to me anyway. . . .



 
 
Ken's book shop is a rabbit hole of a place in downtown Salt Lake City. Do you know it? We had never heard of it before, but we brake for bookstores! There's no such thing as too many books, of course. Only, perhaps, for a single blog post. But the space is too impressive to show anything less. I wanted you to get a hint of the thrill we got stumbling into the inner sanctum of a space so loved and "lived in" by the local community. All the covetted accessories for bibliophiles reside here too, like this vintage book press. I have been fortunate enough to find two of these lovelies myself in antiques shops. They occupy the rooms of my son and his wife who both make and restore books as an occupation.







 
The book lined stairs leading to Ken's office.




 
 
 
 
 









 
 
 
 









 

 
 
 
 











 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

















 
 
  
 
 
 
 





 
 
 



 

























 
 
 

 
 A portrait of Ken as he looks today hangs in the shop. He was more than happy to talk shop with us.
 
 
 

 
 I think snow covers the sidewalks today. What a fabulous place to snuggle down in for an hour or two and get away from the weather!
 
I hope you're keeping cozy too!
 
Jacqueline
 
 
 
 
 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar